Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Through the Eyes of a Wanderer...

HEY WORLD!!!
How's it going? Things are going well with me. I'm back out here in Caronport starting off my fourth and final year here at Briercrest. WOW...what a change it is so far. I'm living in a trailer with two of my buds, Dave and Brad. TRAILER LIFE IS GREAT!!! My advice: everybody should be trailer trash at some point...it separates the men from the boys.
So yeah, it's been a while yet again. I have been heckled a bit by my good friend and ex-roomie Dalton to open up the floodgates of my mind and write another blog. He's such a great pal. This one's for you, roomie. Seriously, though, good friends are hard to find in this world. I'm glad I've got a great group of brothers such as Dalton to teach me about God's kindness, love and sincerity. It's been a huge help.
But back to the Briercrest scene. It's crazy. Everybody got married over the summer. I can't believe it. I can't even count the amount of people who got married or got engaged over the summer. Some sort of fad or something. All I know is that when I get married, or plan to get married, I do it out of love for that special someone and not because "everyone else is doing it".
Speaking of which, I am just crazy about my girlfriend. I am learning so much about how to treat her in the right way a woman is supposed to be treated. Lemme shout this one out to all the guys: we don't even have half a clue as to how precious and beautiful the hearts of women are. They hold within them a beauty only God can give. I praise God for allowing me to see that in my lady-friend. What a great girl. She's an encouragement, and she actually cares about me. I can tell by the way she treats me. She's a blessing alright.
In keeping with routine and tradition, I usually go deep on these things. So I'll drop a thought or two, for old times sake. Did you ever think about what it would be like if we could remember absolutely everything that we have experienced in our life? WE'D ALL GO CRAZY!!! We'd have flashbacks and nightmares that we'd relive all over again. A teacher of mine raised this question in a class today. It's a pretty good thing that we have the tendancy to forget most of the things. If we didn't, it sure would be a lot of stuff to store up in our noggin's.
But anyways, that's all from me for now. I'll drop in with some more deep stuff later. Peace out sportsfans....I'm rootin' for ya.

josh

3 Comments:

Blogger Dalton said...

Guy, good to see you back on the deep-thinking circuit.

You're smitten, That's the way it ought to be.

7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

josh the spud

it's high time you finally posted something. 5 months of silence just wasn't doing it for me.

just wanted to drop you a lil note to say 'hey buddy!' and 'whats up?' just to let you know i'm still among the livin' and that i appreciate you as a brotha. take'r easy as you come down the home stretch and power to ya bro for heading up the yq team!! (my sista told me...)

Grace & Peace.

1:04 PM  
Blogger Ty said...

Josh,

I echo Haak's comment about the 5 months of silence.It's great to read your musings once again...

Life's been good for this westcoast youth pastor. And it's so great to hear that life seems to be going swell for yourself! Giver this year with the whole YQ thang!

Peace brotha:

Ty

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home