Playing the Game...
HEY WORLD!!!
Life in the real world. It can be tiring sometimes. Lately I've been feeling really tired. Sleep has been a tough thing to get. It's expensive. Ever feel that way?
But anyways, I was having quite the conversation with my roomate yesterday. We were, as usual,(seems to be a very popular topic for people my age and especially here at Briercrest) talking about relationships. I've been thinking about this, and you are more than welcome to correct me if I'm wrong, but if I'm truly honest, sometimes boys and girls go about this whole relationship thing as if it's a game. Yeah, sounds kinda degrading, eh? But hear me out. I don't want to cheapen relationships, and that's not my intention in writing this. Ok, so hear it is. If you think about it, guys and girls have this unknown or unmentionable "competition" between them. We try to find out where the other person is at. If we have a particular liking or affection with someone, we play our cards (kinda like poker) last. We want to hold out, call the other person's bluff, if you will. Do ya get it? We want the other guy/girl to be the first one to pull out their true feelings about you. We compete, we play this games, thinking "do they really like me?" or "what are they thinking?" or even perhaps "Do they know that I like them?"
Yeah, all I have to say is... if it's possible, DON'T PLAY IT LIKE A GAME. People get hurt. People are fragile. I know that this sort of thing is kinda in us to play it like a game. I wish it weren't.
Be honest. That's it. It helps. Guys, if you like a girl and she hasn't heard it from your mouth yet, it would be good for you to make it known, instead of keeping her guessing. Don't lead her on if you don't like her.
But ya, that's it for now. I'm tired. If you have something that you'd like to ask me about or something that I could talk about in my next blog, let me know, either by email (josh_dock@hotmail.com) or let me know anonymously by leaving me a comment on one of these blogs.
Thanks for listening.
Hang in there, Sportsfans. The truth is in God...seek and you will find.
josh d.


1 Comments:
There's so many things you say that I've compltetly thought about and completly agree with. It's kinda freaky, but in a good way. Thanks for writing these things!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home