The Right Answers Begin with the Right Questions
HEY WORLD!!!
What's up? I know, I know, It's been a while. I've been busy, let me tell you. I've had a musical, papers, and other events to participate in the past while. I know that due to this, I've kept the WORLD hanging in suspense (well, maybe just my roommate), but I'm back by popular demand (thanks, Dalton).
But ya, I have new things that have happened in the past while. Lately God has been hitting me with the importance of trusting Him and an honest relationship with Him. It has also led me to want to encourage others more and more. In talking with a fellow mentor and friend of mine, he has encouraged me about not necessarily providing people with the right answers, but the right questions.
Not the answers, the questions.
Neat, eh? If you're confused, I'll explain. Sure, we could give the right answers to people; shower them in biblical references and quotes from genius thinkers of our time, but wouldn't it be easier (for them at least) if we helped people by letting them think about it for themselves? What do questions do? They cause us to think. To think about an answer. For example. God very, very often asks us, (like Jesus and Peter) "do you love me?". Well!?!? Do I? I wonder; let me look back at my life for the answer? Do I show that I love God by who I am? Do I show that I love God by the way I love others? See?!!! From one question sparks a series of questions that will cause us to think. It makes me think about the way I live for God and look for the answer.
That's something that's been plugging at me lately. I need to ask the right questions. I need to help people. I want to.
Hang in there, Sportsfans.
josh d.


1 Comments:
You helped me. Thank you.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home