It's been a while...
HEY WORLD!!!
I'm BACK!!!! I am deeply sorry for the long wait and being so long to blog again. I am glad that this tiny site of mine is still up and running. So, what's been happening with me in the last few months?
Well, life just isn't the same. I'm learning so much about people, God, and myself. Every day is both a risk, and a gift. Kinda neat, eh? A risk of adventure, to lay it all on the line for something new or the same old thing. A gift, in that every day is filled with new experiences along with the same people as yesterday or new ones. It only gets better. Yet it all comes down to the way that we look at it. What do you focus on? Positive? Negative?
As uplifting as it is to look at the positive, I once heard Jason Germain, keyboardist and vocalist of the Christian group Downhere, say that there is something so depressing about the Christian life (he was speaking about his favorite song that he wrote, "So Blue", which speaks of the Christian's life being one that is "blue"). I do think that to some extent that he is right (maybe I/he could be wrong). But, for the sake of asking, do you (the reader) think that we, assuming you are a Christian, are living a life that is to be full of blessings? Jesus himself said that the world will hate you, as they hated Him. And when we look around at all the hurt in the world, and how sin entangles and drowns so many people who never had a clue, there is something extremely depressing about that. And to think that we are unable to do things on our own, but only through Christ who strengthens us (that's good news, but we ourselves are inadequate). Shouldn't that affect our lives? After all, as a professor of mine and amazingly wise man of the faith once said - "Ministry is not for wimps" (as depressing as it may be). I would even go as far as to say "The Christian Life is not for wimps". Who actually wants to be persecuted, beaten, hated, and forsaken by all? But the good news is we're not. The good news is we aren't alone. The good news is we do have strength, not in ourselves but in something eternal. The good news is that we have a relationship with the Almighty God, Creator of Heaven and Earth.
Just a thought....Hang in there sportsfans...it's good to be back.
josh d.


1 Comments:
Good to hear your mind on computer again Jorsh.
"In the world you will have trouble. But I give you my peace. That where I am there you may also be."
Ebony
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home