Monday, November 01, 2004

Who are these people and what are they doing in my life?

HEY WORLD!!!
Ok...what to write about today. Well, it's been quite the week so far. I'm tired...I need rest. I feel kinda restless and overwhelmed at the moment. I have class all week. A modular. But anyways, on to something else...
People. I love people. They walk in and out of your life every day. Its crazy to see how people are changed over the course of their life due to their interaction of people. Especially family. As much as I don't realize it, I am like my family in every way (DUH!!!). But really, I have traits from my father, my mother, and my brothers. Not to mention my grandparents, my cousins, aunts, uncles, their pets (he he) etc... Yeah, so it's crazy how much other people have an effect on each other. Just last night my roomate Dalton and I were talking about mothers. We were talking about how great mothers are and how kind and gentle and loving they are. We came to this conclusion that "The measure of a man is their mother". This is probably as true as it gets. Dads, remember that you have an effect on your daughters too (reminds me of a John Mayer song).
But yeah, family. I was just thinking the other night how much I love my brothers. Siblings are great. I wouldn't trade them for anything. I have three younger bros. When all four of us are together, look out. The house is coming down. I miss them. You know, there was a point and time that I really hated being the oldest. I still do sometimes. It's sooooooo hard to be the first to grow up and be the first to experience the tough things that life hits you with. But when I really think about it, I'm glad that that I was the one who had to go through it, and not any of my bros. Because I'm the first to go through the "maturity" stage (although I'm not there yet), I can kind of (not always, but mostly) understand what they are going through and help prepare them for the years of trials and rebellion that they might go through. I know that that's what I wanted when I went through adolescence. I wanted someone who could understand, someone who could help. Now I can help them by pointing them to the one who really understands- God.
Family. People. I've met and known a lot of people in my life, and they are very interesting to watch. We all contribute to each others lives. It's kinda like we're one big support group, without even knowing it. Crazy. Who would've thought. Well, sometimes it's not like a support group, it's kinda like a put down group. It goes back to this power that we have to hurt or love. Please use it in the right way, people!!!
So yah, if you are reading this, tell someone in your family that you love em. They are your biggest fans and most likely to be the ones who have the biggest impact on your life. Think about it.
Hurting families. I know of some. It's tough, I know. God's there. Don't forget that he's in charge of everything. He loves you no matter what.
Hang in there, sportsfans.

josh d.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you josh!!!
-luke d.

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home