Encouragement....not because of us
HEY WORLD!!!
It's been a busy week in the life of Josh Dock, that's for sure. I've been learning a lot about organization and promptness in getting things done.
woof.
But it's been really good in the past day or two. I'm enjoying the company of friends and especially my lady friend. It is so great to be around her. She's my reward for the weekend, and getting all of my work done. What a sweet reward!!!
So today I was talking on the phone with my friend Brad's mom, and she was telling me all about the things that God has been doing her life lately. She's a great and godly woman. I've been learning a lot from her. I stayed at Brad's house for a month and a bit while completing my internship at a church. It's been quite the time. But anyways, she was telling me today that she was talking about me to a friend, and she mentioned something about "God shining through him". Her friend laughed, and said "what makes you say that?". She then had the opportunity to share about God working in my life to this non-Christian woman. THAT WAS SO COOL! I thought that was sweet. Now, this is nothing of my own doing, but of God. I am not trying to take pride in myself (to be honest, I was quite shocked that she said such a thing about me). I want God to be glorified. It was encouraging, nonetheless, to hear that God uses us even though we are so inadequate to be used by Him. He doesn't need us to speak to the hearts of others, but He chooses to use us anyways, to be examples to others, and to teach us to love others. What a great God we serve...
Right now I'm listening to one of my best bud's, Brad (who's mom I just talked about). He recorded a few songs here at Briercrest, and he is SUPER talented. He's a really good songwriter and all around musician. It is so sweet to see the ways God "shines through him" (if I may steal the common phrase). Sometimes I don't think he realizes how much God has blessed him with. What a great guy (and single.... hehe). But really, a HUGE heart. He's a great friend indeed. They are hard to find in this world (great friends, that is).
Well, that's all from me for now, folks. Hang in there, sportsfans...
josh


2 Comments:
Hey brother, glad to see the Lord at work in your life. He is indeed wonderful. Keep the faith and spread the word!
Your BIC (brother in Christ)
Are you really that shocked about the encouragement. I'm sure that you've prayed that you would be an encouragement to others. Consider this an answer to prayer.
Later Dock.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home