Thursday, October 14, 2004

Nothing new...or is there?

HEY WORLD!!!
So, it's been almost exactly one day since I've written the last post. Wanna know what's new in the last day? Not too much actually, same old, same old. But I wish there was something new. That's the hope of new days. It's a mystery, eh? Waking up, having no absolute clue how things are going to go on that day. It could be a great day, with excitement, fun, and blessing. Those are the days we usually tend to remember. Why? Because it's something different, different from the usual. Something in our day happens that makes it memorable. It could be a birthday, holiday, anniversary (for example, the second week anniversary of the third day before you started dating someone...well, maybe that's not too memorable) or some other exciting thing. Or, on the other hand, the day might just be "one of those days". You know, everything goes wrong. Those are the days that nobody wants to remember. I know that there are a few days that I'd rather forget. But if I look at those days now, some of them don't look that bad. If I recall the ways which God has provided for me and given me patience, I know that I'm kinda glad (as hard as it is to say this) that those days came. And that's another thing. If you are anything like me, you have a very hard time being patient on God. This is something that I've been struggling with lately. And throughout all this time that I'm going through, trying my best to be patient on God, he's building character in me. Right now, however, my feelings towards the lessons that I'm learning are anything but good. It's hard to have to wait on God for a long time. But I've been noticing through this, that my weaknesses usually surface during this time. Some things I've been noticing lately about myself have been my selfishness, impatience (of course), lack of confidence in myself and God, and worrying, to name a few. But I have no regrets. God brought these to me because he want's to teach me something. I have to persevere. I can't let go. I don't want to fail God. I do that enough. Its worse to let God down than to go through hardships. So, in some ways, I should be thankful about the hardships that he has brought me, because it has shown me the things that I need to work on to better serve him. I just pray, LORD, that You would enlarge my vision and give me a hope beyond my trials and troubles to see the person that you are making me into. I pray that through all of this I would be purified and molded to be more like you. Amen.
hang in there.

josh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home