Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Random Thoughts

HEY WORLD!!!
Random thoughts. I get 'em a lot. Sometimes they come at the weirdest times, like during class, church, and even conversations with people. Sometimes I wonder "what if we lived on another planet?" It would be colder, or hotter, depending on how close we were to the sun. God totally knew what he was doing when he made earth where it was. It doesn't get really hot, or really cold.
Something else to think about. Everybody was made completely different from each other. There is something in everyone that is different than everyone else. Kinda neat to think about, eh? Each one of us is unique. We were made that way.
Here's something I've been thinking a lot about lately. Humans. Part of the free will of humans is the ability to hurt and help others. We have the "power" to tear down, build up, encourage, insult, love, hate and do other things that EFFECT others. Transferrence, I think its called. If you think about it, you wouldn't be able to put a dent in a brick wall if you loved it no matter what or spewed insults at it. Only humans seem to have the ability to respond emotionally (well, animals might too) to things said or done to them. I know that if you wanted to, you could tick off a bull, but its a bit different with humans. Our hurt goes deep. Sometimes I wonder if humans are ready for that kind of ability. Many of us in the world today abuse this "responsibility". Like Peter's uncle in the movie "Spiderman" once said, "with great power comes great responsibility". To give the honest truth on this, I'm afraid of hurting people. And that's just another response to this responsibility that I have. If I could wish something, I would wish not to hurt people, but to serve them in love. Man, do I ever have a lot to learn about this. Hurt goes deep. But in the same way, encouragement and love goes deep. So deep that people are willing to die for love. Wow! That's something once you think about it. To die for love. To be willing to give up this life here on earth for someone, or something, that you care about so much, so much more than yourself. Take Jesus for example, the very Son of God dying to save those whom he LOVES. He loved us, meaning he saw us as more precious than himself. Whoa. God? That's something to think about. Love moves us. As Switchfoot says, "Love is the Movement...love is the revolution". So, yeah...random thoughts. I, honestly, would prefer to love, rather than hate. I say this now, but circumstances and present situations may be different later. I just pray and hope that I will use this "power" to love and hate in a responsible way, in other words, like Romans 12 says, "Hate what is evil, Love what is good"

Peace

j-dock

1 Comments:

Blogger Dalton said...

Why is it that we wrote almost the exact same concept? Same place in life I guess. . .

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home