Something...
HEY WORLD!!!
I have this weird feeling today. It's been happening to me lately. It's kinda uncomfortable. But here it is. Don't you ever wish you were something? Don't you wish that you knew what you were, and what you needed to do? Identity questions, I know. They get to all of us. I have been noticing lately in my own life that I there is this confusion of "being something". Being an artist, being a musician, being a pastor, or even just being myself? What does that mean? God has been gracious to me, because I seem to ask a lot of questions, and I'm sometimes impatient on the answers.
Again I'm referring to Switchfoot (they are so great) when I say this, but "This is your life, are you who you want to be?". More important, I guess, is "are you who God wants you to be?". But something I just thought of (and maybe God has been speaking to me right now) is maybe that's all we need to be. Something. God want's us to be something. Something, granted, for His glory.
So if you're like me, and you've always wanted to be the "hero" or "rockstar who writes amazing songs" or whatever, it kind of relieves some of the pressur to "be" these things. Be yourself. Huh?
Hey, that's interesting. Would being myself mean that I'm a hero, or rockstar who writes really good songs? hmmm..... I dunno. I guess only God has the answers. And, like my last post, I think that I came to the conclusion that staying true to God and being patient is the key to the answer.
Today, a friend of mine was speaking to us about obeying God. One thing he said was, "Obey God, You don't have to obey anyone else. Obey God". Amazing truth I think. Obey God, and everything else will fall into place. Neat. But, remember, easier said than done. But don't worry, you're not alone. We have a God who can do immeasurably more than we could ever imagine (Eph. 3:20). That's reassuring.
Hang in there sportsfans. Prayers and blessings,
josh d.


1 Comments:
Hey, hey...
"Obey God, and everything else will fall into place. Neat. But, remember, easier said than done. But don't worry, you're not alone. We have a God who can do immeasurably more than we could ever imagine (Eph. 3:20)."....That's really cool. I've been thinking about that last sentence quite alot recently. Concerning witnessing to others...I've got to realize that I CAN'T save anyone... that's only something that God has the power to do...thanks for the encouragement,
God Bless,
lukedock
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home