Tuesday, October 05, 2004

What do you need?

Hey World!!!
What do you need? Have you ever thought about that? I remember a very wise man once told me "God doesn't always give us what we want, just what we need". I never forgot that quote, as simple as it may be to remember. It seems to be a constant theme for me, especially this year. God has been teaching me so much about patience, love, hurt, and trust. It has been one wild ride so far. But I've found in him this incredible strength, even in the rough times. Life is hard. I know. I'll be the first one to admit it. I've been realizing over the past weeks and months how fragile we are. I'm very fragile. As much as I would like to say and think that I'm tough and solid like a rock, I know that without God. I'm nothing. Do ya get what I'm saying?
Yeah, but back to my question. What do you need?!?! Lately I've been really thinking about what I really need. I remember when my parents use to take me shopping when I was little, and, being the selfish person that I am, I would ask a beg them for things that I would see in stores (maybe the latest NERF gun, or Super Nintendo game). They'd always tell me "Do you really need it? I don't think you do." Contrary to what my opinion was, they were right. There is a big difference between what we want and what we need. It's really hard for me to say.
Let me just say that what I need sometimes is to wake up and smell the coffee about what others need. It's the second commandment from Jesus in the Bible. I really need to love others. I really need to help others. I really need to give others priority over myself. There's the challenge. It's a battle everytime to win over self and think about someone other than ME. But I remember that Jesus thought of me when He was beat and crushed and pounded and nailed to a cross. If God can put what I need above Himself, shouldn't I be able to do the same!?!?!? WHAT DO I NEED?????? I need to live first and foremost for God, then love others more than myself. That's all out of me for now. A special thanks to my roomate, Dalton, for helping me start this up. I hope that those of you who read this are encouraged by my thoughts and lessons. If you have anything you want to ask me about or to talk about in my next article, please email me at josh_dock@hotmail.com
TTFN
josh d.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah guy. Good church

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home