Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Face the Fears

What hold has come against me
That this war begins inside of me
All my fears soak into the courage I thought I had
And I am defeated before the fight
Wrecked and kicked to nothin
Faced by weakness and erased by doubts
Yet the harm that haunts
is only by me
And I have lived to see greater days
Flee! Flee, you sinful side!
Depart from me, and take your strength,
which is I in my weakness
with you, and be no more
Fly, temptation, Fly! Return thy forked tongue
to serpents mouth, and be shut
Darts that fly will be shielded by faith
and armor that is of God's smithery
I in him shall not be felled, or felled once more
Him in I is strength to conquer
Yet i in I is weak to fall
You, O Lord, are strength and shield
Preserve my love and my life
Cover me in salt
And sing over me with joy
For I long to see your work done
Not mine
Fill me with fight for fight's sake
And do not let me
Let you down

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home