Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Life...and all it's mysteries

HEY WORLD!!!
Life...crazy sometimes. Goes up and down and all around. Its goes fast (sometimes too fast) and slow (sometimes too slow). I know that sometimes I wonder. How am I going to get through these instances in my life? Sometimes they just seem impossible to get over without some damage done to myself or others.
The truth is, I sometimes look to the future (not because I'm worried), but because I'm curious. What will the next year hold? The next ten years? The next 20 years? (40 years old, whoa...don't want to even guess). There is something exciting about the future, the mysteries it holds, and the lessons to be learned. However, there is also something extremely scary about learning those lessons. In learning those lessons, I have to go through many obstacles and circumstances. Tough, they may be. Well, tough they WILL be. But even though they're tough, these situations and troubles that we go through make us who we are today and in the future. Weird, eh? Who would have thought that something bad would ever turn out for good in my life, and actually make me more stronger than the day before (the day before...sounds like a good song title...hmmmm...)
The problem is, easier said than done. But rest in this. The stronger you are and the more you hold out for the better things in life, the stronger you'll be. BUT, I must warn you, not to miss out on the opportunities that God throws your way. This life is a vapor, and one second comes and goes like that (it just happened). Make the most of your time.
But take time to reflect on what you learn. It's kinda cool to think about how God has helped you through the struggles you went through in your life. I know we have this tendency to think "man, I was stupid back then..." Yeah, that may be true, but don't be so hard on yourself. My Own Prison; wallowing in my own self pity. If anything, as we grow closer to God and grow wiser, we recognize our frailness. But we also recognize how great and how deep and how wide the love of God is. So Rejoice!! He loves you!!!
Make use of your time. Make use of your life. Don't forget the hard times, or the lessons learned. If they didn't happen, you wouldn't be the person you are today. Live with no regrets. Hold on to the things that are good in your life. Check out Romans 12:9.
Hang in there, sportsfans.

josh d.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home