L'Amour...C'est magnifique!!
HEY WORLD!!!
Well, it's your friendly neighborhood josh back atcha' with some more random thoughts. It has been a while since I last did this, but a lot has happened in the past week. I've been really busy with the same old stuff I always tell you about. Sometimes life can get so busy. But as busy as life gets, I've had something (as usual) picking at my brain all week. Well, actually, this isn't the first time that this has crossed my mind.
Love.......all I can say is....wow.
I just would like you, the reader, to sit down and think about it. WHAT A GIFT!!! LOVE!!! We have these feelings inside us that move us to be with someone or something. Crazy, eh? We have these feelings within us that totally shut off the thoughts of self and make us do weird and wacky things to others. We think about them, do things for them, yearn to be with them, and hold on to memories and instances in our hearts. What a gift!!!
It boggles the mind... love.
It causes mothers to wake up in the middle of the night to a crying baby and hold them in their arms until they are peacefully sleeping.
It causes parents to discipline their children, not because of they delight in turning away the every want of their child, but because loving someone means doing what's best for someone, not always what they want.
It causes husbands to fight for their families through the toughest of financial, physical, mental, troubles.
It caused THE God of all things to become a weak and frail human to suffer for us.
I am really trying to understand this. God is absolutely in love with us. It frustrates me beyond everything that I forget how much God loves me and everyone else in this world. Sometimes its so hard to understand or realize. I go about my days sometimes, barely thinking about it. WHY!?!?! Can anyone tell me?!
We have this gift. This gift of love. We can love too. God loves us, and he gives us the chance to love Him, and others. I'm stumped by this. First of all, I find it hard as it is to grasp the love that God has for me, so how are people supposed to understand the love I have for them? I have these feelings, these actions that I do, to use for other people and they will probably not be able to understand it.
God does.
He does. Wow. He understands love. He is love (1 John, Great book, one I'm studying like crazy right now...it blows my mind). I want to experience this love more and more. I want to have my entire life saturated in this. To soak and fill with God. His love for me.
It's more than just affection. It's not about romantic love.
I believe the greek word is "agape". Unendless love. How can I understand this?
Pardon me while I pray for a second.
"God, please, can you show me your love? Can you show me TRUE LOVE? Can I just understand it? Why you would give yourself (which is a lot to give...You're God) for me. I want to know it more and more. I want to really love people. I want to really love You. Please, Lord. Teach me what it means to love as You love and know Your love. I want it to completely fill my life. I want to use love to its entirety in my life. I want to love family, friends, people I don't even know, and people I do. But most of all, I NEED to love You. I can't do anything else right until I do. In Jesus' name, Amen."
Well, I'll let you all know how it turns out. Seek love. I don't know what's in store, because I'm probably in the same boat as all of you. It's good to know that I'm not alone. We have a lot to learn, humans. Well, that's all for now.
Hang in there, sportsfans. It's a wild ride...love, that is.
josh d.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home